Sunday, September 10, 2017

Peasread: I'll Push You


I'll Push You
Patrick Gray, Justin Skeesuck
Paperback: 312 pages
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (June 6, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1496421701
ISBN-13: 978-1496421708


Summary from the publisher:
Two best friends, 500 miles, one wheelchair, and the challenge of a lifetime.
Friendship takes on new meaning in this true story of Justin and Patrick, born less than two days apart in the same hospital. Best friends their whole lives, they grew up together, went to school together, and were best man in each other’s weddings. When Justin was diagnosed with a neuromuscular disease that robbed him of the use of his arms and legs, Patrick was there, helping to feed and care for him in ways he’d never imagined. Determined to live life to the fullest, the friends refused to give into despair or let physical limitations control what was possible for Justin.
So when Justin heard about the Camino de Santiago, a 500-mile trek through Spain, he wondered aloud to Patrick whether the two of them could ever do it. Patrick’s immediate response was: “I’ll push you.”
I’ll Push You is the real-life story of this incredible journey. A travel adventure full of love, humor, and spiritual truth, it exemplifies what every friendship is meant to be and shows what it means to never find yourself alone. You’ll discover how love and faith can push past all limits―and make us the best versions of ourselves.

This isn't a book you can just leisurely read. I couldn't plow through it, some parts were funny and light, others were heavy and emotional. It is about real people, real lives, real struggles. It's painful and beautiful, and like I said funny! It makes you think of the friends you have, the real friends. It makes you think about whether you are a real friend. It is inspirational, real. A beautiful story about brotherhood, and serving those we love. You can't just read through sections when they are so sad and heartbreaking. Justin has a disease that was incorrectly diagnosed as ALS but with such similar symptoms. I can't imagine having my body just not work, slowly losing control of my muscles and not being able to do tasks that I take for granted now. Being told that you will eventually die from this rare disease called MAMA. Patrick his friend cares for him, feeding him, loving him. Taking vacation to go take care of Justin and his kids while Kristin gets a respite.  They both just love each other. It's not about Patrick being a good friend and pushing Justin on this 500 mile journey. It is a spotlight on two people, who encourage you to be ... more. 
This book will challenge you, make you cry, make you laugh, make you want to love like Jesus.
This book is also a spotlight on God's goodness. His sovereignty from putting certain people in Justin and Patrick's lives for funding, with certain skills to help with the journey. God truly provides.
 If you check the website they documented their journey.

Would I read it again? No
Would I recommend it? Yes

4 stars

1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
5 stars – it was amazing

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
Amazon reviews Katereviews.
Goodreads reviews.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +



** I received this book from NetGalley. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.