Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Peasread: Plain Retribution


Plain Retribution is a book a Christian romance with suspense. It's set in both a small town and Amish country. Ten years ago Rebecca Miller, a deaf Amish girl was kidnapped along with three other girls, after being rescued their testimony helps put the man in jail. After surviving that ordeal she has tried to move on with her life in the "English" world where she feels more at ease with the deaf community. Now Rebecca and the other girls who were abducted are being targeted.
Officer Miles Olsen is the only one on the police force fluent in ASL and he must protect Rebecca and bring the kidnapper to justice. Officer Olsen has the need to prove himself after he let his emotions get the better of him in the past on a case that he still feels guilty over.
This book is the second in a series called Amish Country Justice. I have not read the first book, but I had no problems following the story and I think that Plain Retribution can be read as a stand alone book. I really enjoyed this book, I read it all in one day. The beginning gripped me and pulled me in. It is a suspenseful romance, but it wasn't scary or grossly detailed. This story has some Amish living scenes in it, but it's mostly set in the "English" world, as that where the main characters live, I'm not sure why there is an Amish girl on the cover. The love story is sweet and it is a clean read. I can't wait to read the rest of this series. I'll be following this author for sure. 
 Plain Retribution
Dana R. Lynn
Series: Amish Country Justice
 224 pages
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense (August 8, 2017)
ISBN-10: 0373457235
ISBN-13: 978-0373457236

Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it? Yes to adults, young adults. 
This book is a clean read.

4 stars
1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
5 stars – it was amazing

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
Amazon reviews Katereviews.

 I received this book from NetGalley. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!


Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.