Bacon. Candied. Spicy. Crunchy from caramelized sugar. Spicy from the chili powder. Salty. Sweet. Droool. You must make these. They are similar to Bacon CRACK-ers. Which are also amazing. So good. I could eat a whole batch, all by myself. Just. As. Is.
I have used them to top a salad, so if that makes you feel better you should do that. Because that is also so so good.
Spicy Candied Bacon1 pound Bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne, Hatch Green Chile powder, or Thai ground chilies
Black pepper, optional
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the brown sugar and spices together.
- Coat the bacon with the mixture, pressing it into the bacon slices.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Place bacon on the baking sheet, or on a rack in the baking sheet.
- Bake for ten minutes, then turn the bacon.
- Sprinkle bacon with more brown sugar as needed.
- Bake for ten more minutes or until bacon is cooked through.
- Cool completely.